Sunday, March 3, 2013

A New Wreath

We've been in our "new" house about a year and a half now.  I'm slowly getting to smaller projects, like curtains and a wreath for the door.  I've been looking through pinterest and searching the web and I love the burlap wreaths pictured there.  When I found a wire wreath frame at the thrift store, I snatched it up and started looking for instructions on how to transform it into one of these burlap wreaths.  Here were some of my inspirations:




http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/2012/09/handmade-burlap-wreath-sneak-peak.html

So, off to Hobby Lobby I went!  I LOVE Hobby Lobby!  I could wander the aisles for hours, and I have done it, just ask my children!  I found some burlap ribbon in the floral section, and some gauze ribbon in the ribbon section.  Both on sale!  Yay!  I found a cute little burlap flower on one of the aisle ends and I had the raffia at home.  I took all of it home, sat on the floor and watched Once Upon A Time with the kiddos.  Have you seen that show?  It is one of our favorites! While I watched, I tucked, and gathered, and poofed, until the whole wreath was filled in.  If I had it to do over, I would have gotten 2 rolls of the burlap, but with the ribbon I think it looks pretty full.  I  attached the flower and raffia with some craft wire I stole borrowed from mandarinfish.  I had picked up a wooden shamrock on sale and attached it to the wreath for a little holiday cheer.  Once it was done, onto the door it went!


I'm pretty proud of how it turned out!  Now my door looks decorated and hopefully it will take the focus off of the 4 inches of dust that has built up around my house from the recent dust storms.  We'll see if these desert winds will leave my wreath alone, or if it will one day soon belong to one of my neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment