Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Pinterest Inspired Art Day

We are having a light school week this week since Flying Fish is home with us. I decided to browse some of the pins on my Pinterest boards and see if I could find some activities that I thought the kids would enjoy.

 I found some fun watercolor painting projects that looked like they would fit the bill. Off I went to tell the kids that we were having an art day. That is a fun thing! They were very excited to know that our regularly scheduled day was being exchanged for painting! I used to hate painting activities. I guess that isn't entirely accurate. I hated cleaning up after painting activities. But then I discovered the wonderful world of watercolors! Quick drying, low mess, hard to mess up, WATERCOLORS!

We decided to do a couple of activities because, to be honest, once the paint is out everyone has such a good time it is hard to stop. The first was in honor of St. Patrick's Day. We made wonderful clover paintings.

These were super easy and turned out great.  I love how everyone made the pictures their own by adding clouds or swirls.




  But my favorite by far were the little birdie paintings. Looking at these birds just makes me happy! I love, love, love the option of using permanent markers to add the details in the painting.

 I think this falls under the "why didn't I think of that" category of life. It is definitely one of the things I love about Pinterest - all of the clever ideas people have. And that they are so willing to share them! I must admit not all of the the projects I have gotten off of Pinterest have worked quite like I thought. But this was a definite success!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment